Exciting news regarding our heating fund!
We have combined the strength of NYSEG’s and RG&E’s heating funds and developed a new program, the Project SHARE Heating Fund. The Project SHARE Heating Fund is designed to help income-eligible customers with active disconnect notices in both the NYSEG and RG&E service areas.
The Project SHARE Heating Fund is administered by HeartShare Human Services of New York.
To receive a Project SHARE Heating Fund grant, you must:
- Have an active account with either NYSEG or RG&E
- Meet the HEAP income guideline
- Have an active disconnect notice
- Exhausted all other assistance programs, such as HEAP, food stamps, Medicaid and local or county emergency aid
Active Duty Military and Veterans
Active duty military personnel and well-discharged (honorary or general) veterans may qualify for a Project SHARE Heating Fund grant without adhering to the eligibility guidelines above.
- They may qualify regardless of income (HEAP grant is not a requirement).
- The active account may be in the spouse's/partner's name.
- The military member of veteran does not have to reside in the household, however, the spouse/partner must.
- The household must have an active disconnect notice.
How to Apply
Customers can apply in person or by phone at conveniently located agencies or organizations. Click here to find the agency or organization closest to you, or call toll-free 1.844.579.5555 for a recorded message. To apply by phone or speak to a representative, you can call toll-free 1.800.599.4327 weekdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST.
Join our company, our other customers and employees in helping veterans, active military personnel and others in need by making a donation to the Project SHARE Heating Fund. Since 1982, this fund has helped 57,500 families with grants totaling more than $15.6 million.
We have three easy ways you can make your donation to the Project SHARE Heating Fund:
- Through Automatic Giving by having us add a whole dollar amount to your futureNYSEG bills.
- Add exactly $1, $2 or $5 to your next NYSEG bill payment.
- Send a check in any amount payable to Project SHARE Heating Fund, and mail it to HeartShare Human Services of New York, 12 Metro Tech Center, 29th Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11201.